Friday, April 16, 2010

iPad Test Drive: Day 4.5 at Last

So, without much emotion, I handed the iPad back to Tom today after erasing all of my data from the device...

--

Goodbye, pretty, shiny piece of modern technology with no apparent business use. I wish I could justify having you at my desk all the time to make me look cool at the center of everyone's attention, but I simply can't at this moment. Your battery life is awesome; your screen resolution and graphical rendering capabilities are second-to-none; and you're probably one of the sexiest gadgets I've seen in a long time. But you're just not for me, or for any regular office-dwelling employee.

However, I would really like to try out your evil arch-nemisis (if it turns out to be that way): the WePad. Don't take offense. You were the first of your kind, and you definitely made a bold statement about the new age of computing to come.

Thanks for the ride.