Wednesday, April 14, 2010

iPad Test Drive: Day 2.5

While it's sad to say that I probably can't justify getting one of these for my own personal use, I think that to Kevin and Leanda this iPad may be of some value for applications they've already identified. The keyword is "may", because a lot of functionality is theoretical at this moment and may even require in-house development.

Leanda believes that recruitment may benefit from using the device at live events to both woo prospects and facilitate quickener and more accurate data entry. This is dependent upon the ability to develop either a native app or a web app that enforces data validity and is easy-to-use.

Kevin sees that as course content consumption shifts more and more into the virtual realm, a device like the iPad would be the medium through which students view lectures, complete homework assignments and take tests. Again, the potential is there, but execution will depend on how user-friendly and functional the final app or web app truly is.

One good thing to report: I have to say that reading the pizza menu in PDF format on the iPad was a very enjoyable experience, although I do wish that I could've searched for keywords Ike "pepperoni".

I'll try to think of a useful paid app that I can try out tomorrow for a different twist on the iPad.